Pages

Flower arranging

What coincidence. I'm reading the book To Have and to Hold by Jane Green (good, entertaining novel with a pretty hot sex scene that us single women need) and I'm on the chapter where she takes this flower arranging class. And when I had friends over for dinner on Saturday night, they brought me flowers-very nice of them. :)

But, a flower arranging class? Really? I mean people have to take a class for that? Isn't it common sense? You put the baby's breath and leaves in the back and the flowers in the front? Does anyone NOT think to put the shorter flowers in front?

In that case, why don't we have classes for learning how to wash dishes? Or cleaning the kitchen? Or mopping floors? People certainly need help with all those things. Or a class for men on how to kiss? I would think those are all more helpful than FLOWER ARRANGING. Just a guess...