Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Eyeballs

Okay, so you know those ads about "the money you could be saving with Geico"? I KNOW that it's supposed to be eyeballs on the money, but I'm sorry, they just look like two rolls of toilet paper to me.

I mean come on, if you're going to personify *money* anyway, then why not just go all out and put more eyeball-looking eyeballs on the darn thing! You know, with eye lids and eye lashes and all that. Otherwise what am I supposed to think it is if I don't hear the commercials?

Uh, this is the money that would be like toilet paper to you since you'll be saving so much of it if you switch to Geiko.

8 comments:

pastamasta said...

Always thought "geico" was a type of lizard.

Are you using a geico as toilet paper? Why would you be wiping your backside with a lizard?? Surely there are animal cruelty laws to consider!

Shame on you.

Felda, Jerry Seinfeld's Biggest Fan said...

um,,, huh?

On another note, it's nice to hear from ya pasta masta!!!

pastamasta said...

...basically I have no clue what "Geico" is - I assume it's a reference to one of your foreign Yankee-type advertisements, but it sounds a bit like "gecko", hence the rather feeble joke about lizards. Did you know some lizards have an actual third eye on their heads? Fact.

Felda, Jerry Seinfeld's Biggest Fan said...

LOL!! Didn't realize you wouldn't know what Geiko is. It's an insurance company and their mascot is in fact a gecko. Their slogan is "This is the money [watching you] you could be saving if you switch to Geiko." And those stupid billboards always looked like toilet paper on the money to me!

Imaginista said...

Geico needs to stick with the gecko cause all their other attempts at cutsie advertising are epic fail.

BE said...

Didn't they also have the caveman campaign? I thought that was pretty good.

Felda, Jerry Seinfeld's Biggest Fan said...

Yeah, the caveman one was fantastic. I especially loved the one where he's in session with his therapist.

Imaginista said...

OK, so the caveman one is pretty good too - the ones I really hated were the ones with actors trying to depict what the ordinary shmoes were saying. Stooooopid.