Sunday, April 20, 2008

Chipotle

Chipotle is a great place isn't it? I love their burriotos!



Now for once, that was NOT sarcastic. :)



But what's up with their take-out bags looking like gift bags? It seems like a lot of restaurants are doing that now, and I don't care for it much. Now you think I'm crazy, but I think there's something to be said for keeping some things as they are for old times' sake. There's a certain *feel* that comes with bags. I mean think about it, big brown paper bags without handles say groceries, big plastic bags say shopping at a department store, smaller plastic bags say take-out food, and smaller, stiffer "bags" with handles say a gift bag. When I get take-out, I want it to *feel* like I'm taking out food rather than feeling like I'm carrying a gift for someone.


I mean would it be the same to pour cereal out of a bag instead of out of a box, or to have Chinese take-out be in bowls instead of boxes?

2 comments:

BE said...

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, missy. I'm cheap and don't like shelling out for gift bags. I also like recycling stuff. Hence, I use Chipotle bags as gift bags. Ooh, surprise! You thought you were getting a burrito, but actually, I got you a vibrator!

Felda, Jerry Seinfeld's Biggest Fan said...

Good point BE! Actually, a funny story: for my cousin's 8th bday party, I helped my mom wrap the presents we were taking and because there were a number of packages to take to the party,I used large shopping bags from Victoria's Secret and the Playboy Bunny store (both that look like gift bags) to carry them in. I wasn't able to go to the party, but you can imagine the reaction she got from a few people when they saw those bags at an EIGHT-year old's bday! ;)