Pages

Political speeches

Ever notice how political speeches are just filled with a bunch of fluff? A friend of mine forwarded me Obama's victory speech on U-tube and though I don't normally care to watch that stuff, I thought I'd give this one a try since it came from a trusted source of mine with whom I share similar political beliefs. And afterward I was like, "There's 9 minutes of my life I won't get back." I mean give me a break, like the first 5 minutes were spent with clapping and like a million thank-you's. Then fiiiinally he gets around to saying "I'm pleased to be the demoncratic nominee" or something like that. Then at about minute 7 he thanks everyone he wants to thank..sheesh..

I mean do these candidates know how much 9 minutes is worth??? I guess not, if most of your job involves just listening to clapping, saying no more than "thank you" most of the time, and just visiting different parts of the country shaking people's hands and surveying the situations and pretending to care about them.

Well for us commoners, do they know how much 9 minutes is worth:

-In the morning on the freeway on the way to work?
-In a therapy session?
-During SEX?