Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cotton Candy

Okay, I just don't get the point of cotton candy-I'm sorry. What's the fun in it? Just because it's soft and big and pink? But it doesn't give you the satisfaction of really eating anything because you can't CHEW it. And it's just sugar so it doesn't give you the satisfaction of crunching anything, like chips, or eating anything with sustenance like curly fries (yummm, curly fries).

Hell, I don't get the fascination with Twizzlers either, but at least you have the satisfaction of chewing those.

5 comments:

river selkie said...

but it melts on the tongue! that's cool! AND it still gives a sugar high.

they call cotton candy, fairy floss, in australia. i always find that amusing.

pastamasta said...

The sugar high is gooood. But the texture is not. I hate eating anything fluffy - I like solid food, not stuff where the chief ingredient is listed as "air" or "bubbles". It's like Aero. Do you guys get Aero chocolate over the Pond? It's full of little bubbles. "The lighter way to enjoy chocolate", they say. Is it less expensive than ordinary, bubble-free chocolate? Is it bollocks. I can get bubbles for free, thanks, guys; on the rare occasion I buy chocolate I want every ounce to be the good stuff.

Felda, Jerry Seinfeld's Biggest Fan said...

Yes, pastamasta, I agree, why pay for air???? The more chocolate the better.

But, my doctor has now told me to avoid dairy due to my allergies, which means staying away from milk chocolate or hot chocolate.

Boo hoo!!!!!

river selkie said...

we get aero, but you have to know where to buy it...specialty stores that import it. it's not a standard candy. i've tried it before. and it's okay. but not a candy bar i would choose.

i'm trying to remember if i made felda try it while in london...which ones did i make you eat, felda?

Felda, Jerry Seinfeld's Biggest Fan said...

The only one I remember is the Love Bar. is that what it's called? Yummy yummy yummy. I don't think I tried any other new candies that I hadn't had before (India has a lot of the same products, of course).