Monday, June 19, 2006

Sneezing

One thing I never understood is why people try to stifle their sneezes. How does that make you feel better? It's only going to make you want to sneeze more, rather than just getting it over with and all out when your body says it's time to. And some women can be so annoying with that, with their little girly sneezes. I'm like "God, just let it OUT! It's more annoying to hear you try to hold it back!"

So we're in a culture where people don't hold back expletives, run red lights and cut people off in traffic, but SNEEZING is what we hold back with???

6 comments:

river selkie said...

i think the stifling comes from not wanting mucous to spray all over from crazy uncontrollable sneezes. cause gross. haha.

Felda, Jerry Seinfeld's Biggest Fan said...

uh, isn't that what tissue or your shoulder are for???

river selkie said...

oh yeah, i want snot all over my shoulder when i can just try to stifle...i think not!

snot-free is the way to be! ;)

Tim-tambolini said...

I never hold back a sneeze...I'd be afraid I'd blow my head off. I just put my hands up in front of my face to control any spray that may occur. It feels good to sneeze, why hold back? You can always wipe your hands on your pants afterward.

river selkie said...

i'm totally kidding, btw. i only hold back when there are bad guy ghosties around, and then i hold back only until i can whip out a papersack or glass jar and then i sneeze into that so that i don't make any noise to give away my position.

pastamasta said...

I would absolutely love to be a snot-free zone, but my one-year-old is currently suffering (like me) from hay fever, so he regularly leaves little trails of bogies on my work clothing. Sneezing has nothing to do with it, it just drips out constantly. He probably has a little tap inside his head somewhere - I think I'll stick a pencil up his nose and have a fiddle about later this evening.